CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Drive access problem...

I have a Windows contact database that I want to run. It runs and prints fine from Crossover, but how do I import data? I have my contact database on a USB flash drive. The program has an import feature, but it's looking for a Windows type drive and doesn't seem to access the Linux file system. I can copy the data from the flash drive, but where and how? I went into "Manage Bottles", "Advanced", "Browse C: Drive", but that opens Archive Manager and it tells me it's an unsupported file type. So am I going to have to type all my data in, or is there a way to copy the database files to the C: drive or get the program (or Crossover in general) to recognize the USB drive?

I'm running a quad core AMD processor and Linux Mint 12 (Ubuntu 11.10 based). Crossover is Linux Standard 10.2.0

If you can import your contacts directly from your USB flash drive, you should be able to do it as is with your software.

BUT, sometimes the removable drives don't register in Crossover/Wine and needs some manual help to get things rollings. If you go to the control panel, you will see a "Wine cofiguration" tool.

Withing the tool, you will see a "drive" tab and from there, you can add your mounted flash drive as a drive to be used with windows application in that bottle, complete with a letter being assigned to the drive. You only need to point to the path where your drive is mounted. Be sure your flash drive is mounted in your linux file system, or you won't have a path to give to the wine configuration tool.

In case this helps, when you select the "open" dialog box, look for the drive labled "Z" which should be your root directory. I am not sure where your version of Mint physically mounts the USB drive but you can try looking for your USB drive under /media/ or /run/media/$USER/. It is possible that it could also be under /var/run/media/$USER/ ($USER is your login username ID).

Hope that helps.

I didn't find the USB drive, but copied the contents to a directory on my hard drive. I found it as the "Z" drive. Thanks for that tip!!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicVhCOWthNjQ4cHFWc0NmdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9