CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

openSUSE 12.3 / crossover 12.1.2

Hi,

I recently updated to openSUSE 12.3 while I had Crossover 12.1.2 installed.
Since that I cannot use Office 2007 anymore (most of the time).
Opening any document just brings up the application with a window that there is a problem and the application must be closed. The "Debug" button shows some "Unhandled exception ...".
It does not happen every time but like 1 works out of 20 or so.

Is there a known issue or even a fix available? Or any information I could deliver for debugging?

Thanks,
Wolfgang

Hello

I have never seen an error as you describe in opensuse. Could you copy and paste the unhandled exception content ? So we can see what library us exploding. Do you do something particular on office? Opening a document?

Regards

Carlos Rafael Ramirez wrote:

I have never seen an error as you describe in opensuse. Could you
copy and paste the unhandled exception content ? So we can see what
library us exploding. Do you do something particular on office?
Opening a document?

I just found it only fails when I open a document directly using nautilus for example.
When I start e.g. Excel and open the document afterwards it seems to work (just tried both things two times and it seems reproducible).

The actual error is

Unhandled exception 0xxe0000002 at address 0x7b83b622.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

I am running openSUSE 12.3 with CrossOver 12.1.2 and I regularly use Office 2007. I might suggest that you try reinstalling Office 2007 on CrossOver. I was having some "DLE" errors and decided to see if maybe a reinstall would be helpful as I was not getting the same errors when beta testing the 12.1.2 on another user account. After the re-install, I have had zero issues with Office. Runs better in openSUSE than Windows 7, from my perspective.

For completeness, this is what I offered in the forwarded ticket on the chance that someone else has this issue:

Can you first try refreshing the associations for the bottle by running:

/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxassoc --bottle "(Your Office Bottle Name Here)" --removeall --install

Once done, you will need to log out and log back in to see the change. If that does not help, try for each individual application within the bottle:

/opt/cxoffice/bin/wine --bottle "(Your Office Bottle Name Here)" --cx-app winword.exe /r
  /opt/cxoffice/bin/wine --bottle "(Your Office Bottle Name Here)" --cx-app excel.exe /r

Again, you will need to log out and log back in to see the change.

Finally, if it is still not working, can you:

1) Start your file manager and find a file with the extension which doesn't work
2) right-click on the file -> Properties -> Open With -> Reset

Note that I have not received a response so I don't know if this helped but it has helped other Linux users in the past. For what it's worth, this is bug number 10648 in our internal bug tracker.

Hi,

sorry for the delay. Initially I've replied to your forward but this seems to only reach your general info@ address.
So here again:

Unfortunately none of the three steps changed the behaviour for me.
Still almost every time when I open a document directly it breaks with
that error.
In very rare cases it works but usually not. And it still seems to work
reliably when I open the application and the document afterwards.

After a few more days of usage I noticed that opening the application w/o a document does also break but a lot less likely.
So it seems to be another issue ☹️

Wolfgang

Which version of Office 2007 are you running? I am running Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007. I don't know if there are any differences or not but I am willing to see if we can trouble shoot this thing out.

When you tried installing into a new bottle. Did you notice any errors? Can you look for the log file in ~/.cxoffice/desktopdata/ and see if there are any glaring errors on install?

I'm quite sure we can figure this out.

I'm running Office 2007 Ultimate.

And I didn't reinstall it completely. I only upgraded openSUSE and CXOffice throughout. Therefore the log file location has no recent entries.

Would it be helpful to install Office completely new again?

I would recommend trying a complete reinstall of Office 2007. Start a new bottle and do the install all over again.

Did you do an upgrade or a fresh install of openSUSE 12.3? I did an upgrade which went well but There were some quarky behaviors with KDE so I took a few hours to do a fresh install and have been enjoying the rock-solid feel of openSUSE along with CrossOver.

Good luck!

I didn't have time to reinstall my Office but I've updated to Crossover 12.2 today and up until now I haven't seen the issue again.

Hope it stays that way and in that case: Good work from Codeweavers!

Hello!

I would buy the last Crossover version, but I test the Crossover 12.0.0 on my Open Suse 12.2 x64, only think buy this one for replace VMWare due I use VMWare for MS Outlook only.
but; when I open more than 1 PST on Crossover this be freezed. I would have the security that I buy CrossOver and, this work fine (my interest is only with MS Outlook in this moment), and than after don't needed return to VM Ware.

How can do this? and, what I need for assure this one?

Mauricio Martinez wrote:

Hello!

I would buy the last Crossover version, but I test the Crossover
12.0.0 on my Open Suse 12.2 x64, only think buy this one for replace
VMWare due I use VMWare for MS Outlook only.
but; when I open more than 1 PST on Crossover this be freezed. I
would have the security that I buy CrossOver and, this work fine (my
interest is only with MS Outlook in this moment), and than after
don't needed return to VM Ware.

Mauricio,
Can you write what you're asking in Spanish if that's your mother tongue. I can barely understand what you need.
Puedes escribir lo que estas preguntando en Español si esa es tu lengua materna. No entiendo bien lo que necesitas.

Also what version of Outlook are you using?
Tambien dinos cual es la version de Outlook que estas usando.

David. wrote:

Mauricio Martinez wrote:

Hello!

I would buy the last Crossover version, but I test the Crossover
12.0.0 on my Open Suse 12.2 x64, only think buy this one for
replace
VMWare due I use VMWare for MS Outlook only.
but; when I open more than 1 PST on Crossover this be freezed. I
would have the security that I buy CrossOver and, this work fine
(my
interest is only with MS Outlook in this moment), and than after
don't needed return to VM Ware.

Mauricio,
Can you write what you're asking in Spanish if that's your mother
tongue. I can barely understand what you need.
Puedes escribir lo que estas preguntando en Español si esa es tu
lengua materna. No entiendo bien lo que necesitas.

Quiero comprar CrossOver, sin embargo quiero estar seguro de que
tenga una funcionalidad total en Open Suse 12.2 x64. Mi objetivo es
reemplazar VMWare por CrossOver dado que solo lo utilizo para MS
Outlook. Probe la version 12.0.0 pero al utilizar mas de 1 solo PST
el mismo se bloquea y no responde. Utilizo 5 o 6 PST's en mi outlook
actualmente.

Also what version of Outlook are you using?
Tambien dinos cual es la version de Outlook que estas usando.

La version de Outlook es la de Office 2010 SP1.

Hola,

Yo uso opensuse 12.3 y he usado todos desde el 10 con Crossover y especialmente uso Outlook a diario y uso mas de un PST, porque uso el OST de Exchange más tres PST como datos archivados y no he tenido problemas. Sin embargo uso Outlook 2007 no el 2010. Las pruebas que hice con 2010 también me funcionaron pero no uso a diario. Dinos mas o menos tu configuración, si usas exchange.

Prueba la versión 12.2.1 de crossover que acaba de salir y arregla errores en opensuse 11 y 12.

La verdad que Outlook es una de las aplicaciones que esta empresa le tiene el foco de soporte, asi que si en algo va a funcionar CrossOver es con Outlook. Intenta abrir un ticket de soporte.

Saludos,
Carlos

1 to 14 of 14

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYzdBZ3Q5M0JaVVNxZld3USIsImdkcHIiOjB9