CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Need help with 1 library in Manjaro (arch based distro)

Trying out the Crossover for the first time but it's complaining about 1 library. I had 4 at the beginning but I got it down to the last one. I cant really find anything concrete. Was wondering if anyone can help me. Crossover is complaining about;

Missing libjpeg 32-bit library

With searching online I have seen some old stuff but nothing new.

Any recommendations would be grateful.

Thanks

Jose Martinez wrote:

Trying out the Crossover for the first time but it's complaining
about 1 library. I had 4 at the beginning but I got it down to the
last one. I cant really find anything concrete. Was wondering if
anyone can help me. Crossover is complaining about;

Missing libjpeg 32-bit library

With searching online I have seen some old stuff but nothing new.

Any recommendations would be grateful.

Thanks

The trouble is that CrossOver is looking for libjpeg62 and from our quick search this morning, the package you'd likely pull from Manjaro is either called:

lib32-libjpeg-turbo
libjpeg-turbo

Unfortunately, that package includes libjpeg8xx (probably 8.0.2). So... CrossOver doesn't recognize it as one of it's dependencies. You can sim link and basically tell CrossOver that it's there but your mileage may vary (as in, you may get luck and it'll work but there's also a chance you'll see crashing). As a sample, that would be something like:

ln -s /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8.0.2 /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62

With apologies because the above example may not be quite right for your distribution.

This is a common enough workaround but it's definitely something we should fix. We have a bug about it in our tracker. You are welcome to write in a Support Ticket (info@codeweavers.com) to ask to be added to bug number 10394 and we would update you when this issue is resolved.

Hey Jose,

I'm on Arch and I have lib32-libjpeg-turbo installed and Crossover seems ok with it. Let me know if that solves it for you on Manjaro.

I'll look into the other problem later, on the other thread, due to lack of time.

WoW thanks for the help guys! I will mess with this once I get home. At work now :(

At work too, but I'm my own boss right now.

Still need some discipline to keep things rolling.

Hay Jose
I'm an OpenSuse guy and have to add five sim links to get Crossover to stop complaining I think crossover is much more friendly to Debian and Ubuntu but not complaining I love my distro.

Actually, I have had some good luck with Crossover under Arch. In fact, with the depos and the AUR, we have access to just about every library/software out there. It has been pretty easy to match every dependency I ever needed.I don't know what the devs of Manjaro are doing exactly, but I think it shouldn't be much more difficult than with Arch.

Don't get me wrong, I know OpenSuse is a great distro, with a lot of polish and stability. While I was distro hopping, OpenSuse was a regular visit on my system. But it seems the devs make some "irregular" choices in libraries making it difficult to run Crossover.

I think I can get Jose up to speed, and get Crossover running great on his system.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOEJtSkd1MmtZZmFTOFJVNyIsImdkcHIiOjB9