CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Missing Lib32png files

I am having trouble with getting Crossover to recognize that these files do in fact exsist. I am running Arch. Arch changed the directories on some of its files and I'm thinking that that is the problem. Does anybody know where wine is looking for these so I can create a link at the proper place?

Your problem probably isn't with a symlink, which I don't need on my Arch install.

I believe that what you do need is lib32-libpng12, as lib32-libpng doesn't do it on its own. Both are in multilib. If I remember correctly, it's just that Crossover expects something from the 1.2 branch.

Feel free to do symlinks if you like, but the cost of just one library isn't enough for me to fool around with.

Edit: If ever you need to know where the files are, search for the packages on Arch's site, and then click the link under "package content", it will tell you what the files are and where they are located on your system. As you can see here, and here, so you can try a symlink if you want to.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQmtLWnZHbnJaeEg1ZXhrVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9