CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Skyrim ENB Questions

Hi, I'm not very active around the forums but I do lurk from time to time. Normally I'd just open a support ticket but I feel this is a question that would be more adaquately serviced by the community.

Here's my issue. I'm running the Legendary edition of Skyrim (steam) on crossover linux 13.0.1?(can't remember where the periods went haha, you get what I mean though) and I'm a bit of a tweaker. I like the effects of ENB (enbdev.com, for people intrested in learning more) and attempt to use it with skyrim. I have it running but it's making the game really unstable. I'm using this enb preset (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49138, mainly in case anyone wants to look it over or use it.).

I'm not going to kid myself and expect a wonder solution. I've been using wine for a minute now and understand quite a bit of it. I'm really just asking to see if anyone else uses ENB with skyrim and they're results/tips. After reading around I figured I'd ask here. I've got a lot of respect for this community. I just got finished reading a thread posted by a guy named Chris something or rather and his "feelings" about crossover. Expecting to see a massive flame war (and kinda looking forward to it), I was surprised when I saw respectful well thought out responses. Also seeing staff jump in and do everything he can for a user that's been nothing but negative, that made me a lifelong customer. So, a little off topic but I felt like credit was due where deserved. Good job guys and hope to hear back.

I have Skyrim, but I can't test tings right now. All I can say is that Skyrim is somewhat unstable to start with on my system. I also found that reducing graphical quality did bring some greater all-around stability. I didn't have frame rate trouble, but reducing the graphics quality helped anyway. There's bunch of glitches that just went away, so I figure your mod might also benefit.

There's also the fact that Codeweavers recently implemented some new graphics acceleration code, which you can deactivate in the advanced tab of the bottle manager. So you can try that to see if you get better results.

Ah didn't think about that. I've looked at that tick box a hundred times too. I'll try that out and post up some results.

Edit: So tried it out. I've got to say I didn't realize the difference in performance. It did not increase stability I just lost some fps when graphic acceleration was disabled. So I don't think that that is interfering. What I did find is that when I didn't let the window manager manage the window and dropped resolution from 1600x900 to 1366x768 (which wasn't a to bad quality change) I was much more stable and ran considerably smoother.

For anyone else that would like a little more stability here's the step by step for this.

1. Go to your skyrim bottle control panel and open up Wine Configuration.
  2. Go to the graphics tab and uncheck All the window manager to decorate and all the window manager to control.
  3. In the skyrim launcher go to option and drop down a resolution.
  4. Play and profit. :D

Hey o/ i know a great enb that explain how to begin medium to go hard in settings and with a preset for enblossless+elfx+elfxE+ele+fxaa
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57031/?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR2R0eE1lNnlHR3hVTTNUayIsImdkcHIiOjB9