CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

[SOLVED] World of Warcraft App Crashes.

Due to the fact that blizzard now requires there app to be installed, you no longer can install World of Warcraft with Crossover. Should there be a fix I am unaware of, I am all ears.

World of Warcraft should stay where it is. That way people can rate it and discuss about it in the dedicated forum. What changed is the way they distribute it. Until now they had an installer that would download the whole game and now they install the Battle.net Desktop App which then proceeds to download the game.

I tried to install it this morning and it works.

Scenario 1:

Log into my Battle.net account, downloaded the installer from there. Double-clicked on it, CrossOver recognized the file as being the installer for WoW, installed dependencies and the B.net Desktop App

Scenario 2:

Used the WoW entry in CrossOver to install and again dependencies were installed, then the B.net Desktop App was downloaded and installed.

In both cases the Desktop App offered to download WoW.

If you're having problems let CodeWeavers know by opening a ticket. If you're using an older version of CrossOver than 13.1.2, which includes fixes for the B.net Desktop App, then I can see how you may be having trouble. The older versions of CX required a dll override to get this program working.

Thank you for your feedback and replying to my thread. Not sure how the last part works. Plus my products support is up and I have no intentions on paying the 60 bucks for 12 months of support.

Renewals are usually a lot cheaper than that. But that's only if you're within the 30 days period after the support contract ended... After that, yes, you pay the full price if you want the latest available version.

You can still create a clean bottle, follow my T&T article, then download the WoW installer or the B.net Desktop App and try to get it working.

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=11995;tips=1#tip5453

Greetings. I followed your list again and now it works.

Thanks for your T&T!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic1VyclZhUVd5SGFlRk5HViIsImdkcHIiOjB9