CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Okapi Olifant: can’t run under Crossover Linux, but the app is reported to run under wine

Hi!

Using Crossover Linux 13.1.2 under openSUSE Linux 12.3/KDE 4.10.5, I want to install Okapi Olifant. The following page:
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=23906
says that the above program runs even under an old version of wine and requires fontfix corefonts dotnet20 and gdiplus. OK, I’ve created a Windows XP bottle, installed corefonts, .Net 2.0, GDI+ there. I did not find any fontfix among the runtime components.

Olifant installs without any error. However, an attempt to launch it results in consecutive error messages, such as (translating them from Russian):
Wrong parameter
No program is configured to open such file type

Eh, what can/should I look at?

Going to this page:

http://okapi.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

I saw a big fat warning from 2009 that the .NET versions are no longer being developed and they suggest to visit the new site and use new versions of the various pieces of software from here:

http://okapi.opentag.com/

Hi!

I've been trying to figure this out myself for some time. So to the Codeweaver Developers who responded to the initially query: the old .NET version of Olifant is a great help to translators because it's stable and can work with both tmx and txt (wordfast) files. The newer Java version isn't and doesn't ... yet (alpha version). That's why we go for the old .NET version.

To how to get Olifant to run in Wine (I'm not sure about Crossover):

1. Go to "Browse C: drive"
  2. Go to the folder: Program Files
  3. Go to the folder: Okapi
  4. Go to the folder: Olifant
  5. Right click on: "Olifant.exe"
  6. Then left click on: Open with ->
  7. Then click: "Open with Wine Windows Program Loader"

Voila. Olifant launches.

I hope this helps.
Dave

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidGJlRm4yVHg1SmZNSE1mcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9