CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver on a fat client image

Hello,

I have an Ubuntu 14.04 LTSP with Crossover and Office installed. I tried creating a fat client image to put out to a thin client, which seemed to work but when I boot it up any windows program I have installed (Office, Notepad) won't open. I don't know if I might be missing something while making the fat client image or if there is a specific way Crossover needs to be installed into the image? If anyone knows how to correctly install Crossover with office onto a fat client image please help! Thanks

Ashlyn

When things don't work, one must assume that you are missing some libraries first. Assuming you used the deb, you should run cxdiag (in a terminal) that you will find in /opt/cxoffice/bin/. That will list any missing libraries. Read the description of the libraries, some might be missing, but remain entirely useless.

There is a FAQ page with information that could be useful for you. In particular, there is a command for 14.04 to install most common libraries.

The really strange question here is, does your thin client machine actually have the hardware to run Crossover? I have seen some really strange stuff at a library that gave me the impression of not have standard x86 hardware. Second, just to be sure, do I understand that your image contains Crossover, not the server?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieHg1OWRUeExibmRwaFdHcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9