CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

MS Access 2000 was working until a month ago (CrossOver Version 12.5.1 Ubuntu 14.04 )

I had MS Access 2000 running for the last 5 years in Ubuntu without any problems even when I've upgraded Crossover Office. Just a month ago it stopped working on both Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 14.04 (64 bit). The error I get when opening my data base on Ubuntu 14.04 is "the dynamic link library msjet40.dll could not be located."

The data base isn't corrupted because I can get it to work when running MSAccess in Virtualbox running XP Windows running MSAccess.
Any suggestions what has happened? It was working just a month ago.

How has the msjet40.dll disappeared in that month? How can I fix it?

Hi Steve,

Doing a quick Google I noticed that this missing MSJET40.DLL is a very common problem with Windows users. I suggest you perhaps use the following suggestion on this URL to try and fix problem?

http://www.smartregistrycleaner.com/dll/msjet40.dll.html

Regards,
Phill

Oh yes, also please keep in mind the following comment from this site (and I notice a lot of mention of this): "Another reason that you get msjet40.dll error is because the msjet40.dll file is infected by virus or spyware". Could that be why it worked and then stopped under crossover but still works in Virtual Box (which is a separate installation of Access)?

Regards,
Phill

Seriously?! A link to a questionable "registry cleaner"? Ugh... Anyway, back to the OP problem. My suggestion is to install this in the same bottle where your copy of Office is installed.

Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8

People that want to read more on what it is should read this Wikipedia article:

Microsoft Jet Database Engine

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ2ZUa25nQmVUemM2QXM1OSIsImdkcHIiOjB9