CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CD installer runs but doesn't install .exe (but creates directory and other files)

Hi,

I am new, searching didn't help.

I ran an installer from a commercial CD for software that controls a lab machine (a plate reader from BioTek instruments). The installer window pops up, asks me to confirm the software is licensed, asks me for the installation directory (left it default), it runs with a progress bar, and states that the installation was successful.

The main crossover window says it appears I have installed a Windows application and I should make a shortcut.

In the bottle manager, I can see the name of the software in it's bottle, but nothing happens when I click, double click, or right click it.

When I navigate to the install folder, there are some files and folders installed by the installer (like .ddl and a pdf and some default files, but no .exe is listed.

May I have help?

Thanks,

Sean

Try getting a debug log, but pointing to the installer as the executable. The basic idea being described here. Please post only the relevant parts, preferably within code marks.

The problem with the software as you have described is that there is an interface somewhere, either serial or USB as I imagine. Although there is some workaround on this page, this is unsupported. Even if we get the software working per se, it is far from certain that we can get it to actually interface with your lab machine.

EDIT: I accidentally hit "enter"...

Ah, I see. It indeed does communicate through a USB.

I will get a log and post it later.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMmY5c1VQZ3Fmc3Jrd2hQdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9