CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

xbox 360 controller

Hi,
My xbox 360 wireless controller works fine on my Ubuntu 12.04 64bit with native games such as Rochard.
I am wondering if it would work with games through crossover/wine? Is the controller recognised on crossover/wine? If not are there any workarounds?

Depends on the game. For example Aquaria worked fine w/ my logitech controller while running in wine.
In CrossOver 12 there will also be a controller dialog that may give you more options (I hope re-maping of buttons).

I see,
So, there is no definite negative answer and depending on the game it might work. That is good to know. Thanks for the answer and the info.

It should work. I am tempted to say that I played Aquaria with the 360's controller but I can't remember exactly and don't want to mislead. I suggest you see if you can get into the beta program and test CrossOver 12's new joystick dialog.

Hello,
My name is Reina, I have installed all proper drivers required to use the controller, but Joy.cpl isn't picking up the device, and I have it hooked up through the USB charger, do I have to do it wirelessly still even though I get pinged that the USB is being used when I plug in the remote through the USB charger? does it only charge when plugged into the computer this way? these are answers I am looking for but I haven't seen anything but a rather rude post by another individual seeking information who was commented on by this rude person, yes I understand not everyone is computer or tech savvy, but learing should be a shared experience... I could use the help, thanks.

Hello Reina.

You have a lot going on, so lets break this down.

1) The drivers: I assume those are the Linux drivers and not the windows drivers. You need to make sure you Linux box has detected and can use your controller before hoping to make use of it with Crossover/Wine. I only have read up on how to make those controllers work, but I don't have one to fool around with, so this is about as much as I know, but no more.

2) Wireless: The controller will only work wirelessly if you have a proper receiver which is sold seperatly. Otherwise, you must hook it up with a USB cable for it to work with your computer. It is not bluetooth.

3) USB charger: I assume you mean the USB cable. Hooking the controller to a charger, is not hooking it up to the computer. And yes, there needs to be some kind of physical connection for a controller to charge. There is no "wireless" charging available that I know of, but there are standalone chargers on the market if you want to charge it with something else than the computer or an xbox 360.

Good luck!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia2s4bXBtVU1QQ25HVEJkWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9