CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Versions and other headaches. (Merge poker software, Carbon, ACED, Iron Duke etc etc)

Hi guys with some help from Caron and Ken and vp? on IRC I have got the above softwares to work tolerably well on my openSuse 11.4 install with Crossover 10.0.1(?). However I seem unable to get them working usably on my install of openSuse 12.2. I have only been able to get a copy of Crossover 9.0.1 from the site, even though I surely have a licence for 10.0 (?) and although the apps work, there are serious graphics issues, very slow drawing and some graphics elements missing. So; How do I get 10.0?
Why would there be such a big difference?
How do I generate a debug log to present to more expert folks?

I don't have any idea on how you get Cx10, I guess that's for the staff to figure out.

As for the differences, Wine undergoes major changes regularly. Crossover has incorporates those changes along with its own changes, making a whole bunch of changes from version to version. There even was an announcement recently about some stuff not being supported anymore because recent changes just didn't make it feasible anymore (I don't remember what it was). So I would expect different behavior from different versions.

As for the debug log, use the run windows command, and chose to generate the debug log. I'm not really sure as to what options you'll need, but start without any, as the log gets thick quickly.

Stephen Parry wrote:

Hi guys with some help from Caron and Ken and vp? on IRC I have got
the above softwares to work tolerably well on my openSuse 11.4
install with Crossover 10.0.1(?). However I seem unable to get them
working usably on my install of openSuse 12.2. I have only been able
to get a copy of Crossover 9.0.1 from the site, even though I surely
have a licence for 10.0 (?) and although the apps work, there are
serious graphics issues, very slow drawing and some graphics
elements missing. So; How do I get 10.0?
Why would there be such a big difference?
How do I generate a debug log to present to more expert folks?

Looking at the entitlement associated with this account it expired on 06-02-2010 which would mean the latest version of CrossOver available from our site should be 9.0.1.

Our product change log is here:

https://www.codeweavers.com/products/faq/change_log/

I'm not certain if you have another account in our system. I'd be happy to look around for you or our Support Team can try. Drop an email to info@codeweavers.com with any email addresses you might have associated with the account and we'll take a look.

We would not likely debug at this point between CrossOver 9 & 10 to be perfectly honest. Our Support Team would ask you to update to the latest version (CrossOver 12) or to at least use the trial to see if your software works there. My apologies but a two year old product means we've gone too far to address old differences. If it doesn't work in 12 and worked in 10 that would be more interesting and would certainly be something we'd look at.

-Caron

Thank-you Caron, I had sort-of guessed that this was the case.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid1J2TEtzWlV6N2RWTGRWUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9