CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Include Windows Media Encoder 9 Series as default plugin to Office 2010

I tried to create a stop frame animation in PowerPoint 2010 by saving an imported photo album as a WMV file. This is available when run on a Windows OS but greyed out on the office crossover bottle version of my office installation.

The following 2 approaches were tried to resolve it, with the 2nd being successful:

1) I first tried to install Windows Media Player v11 in my office bottle having logged on to the MS website via a virtual OS to prove I have a genuine license so that I could download it. However after downloading and trying to install the exe in the office crossover bottle, it tries to verify is it being accessed via a genuine OS, so failed to complete the install.

2) On second attempt I searched Crossover for 'media' and found 'Windows Media Encoder 9 Series' and installed this in the Office bottle. This allowed PowerPoint 2010 to encode the WMV file which ran brilliantly in VLC.

Useful for an budding animators out there...

Not sure if this helps running media clips within presentations, but the CodeWeavers team should contemplate including this additional encoder as standard when office bottles are built in future.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRkVLcFNWZHp6UnJFN2Y5SCIsImdkcHIiOjB9