CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Lubuntu 12.04 and PCManFM 0.9.10 with Crossover Linux

I own a copy of Crossover Linux but my support has expired.

I have installed Crossover Linux by the Debain for Ubuntu and Debian (.deb), this does not work for Lubuntu, which uses the PCManFM 0.9.10 file manager.

I can print everything in Lubuntu 12.04, but still not .doc MS Word files. The File Manager does not open the file directly and shows as "OLE2 compound document storage".

I have come of Puppy Linux 5.2.8 which i managed to get the default file manager to open the .doc files, but I cannot work this out for the PCManFM 0.9.10 file manager.

I think in Puppy Linux there was a way to set which program in .cxoffice was to open the file, however this is harder in Lubuntu.

Secondly by opening Microsoft Office from the Start > Windows Application > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Word

I can then open the .doc file but it does not print. My printers are setup and working and are listed under the available printers, but just does not print. It does not even appear in the Document Print Status, under pending or completed.

This all work in Ubuntu and Nautilus, but not Lubuntu and PCManFM 0.9.10

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYnhhcXRoM3RuVm40RVJjeCIsImdkcHIiOjB9