CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

New Version (12.1.2-1) Performance issues

Hi All :)

I am running Crossover on a fully updated OpenSUSE 12.2 (With KDE 4.10) 64 bit system.

My system has 8 gigs of ram, a 6 Core AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor and an nvidia 570 GTX HD video card with 313 nvidia drivers.

When I use Crossover version 12.1.2-1.i386 and play Steam games (Day Of Defeat specifically) or World Of Warcraft, I see allot of jerky movement in the games as well as a considerable FPS drop.

For instance, in Wow, in Stormwind, I usually get 50-60 FPS with the previous versions of Crossover (12.1.0-1.i386). With the new version (12.1.2-1.i386) I am lucky to get 30-35 FPS.

Another example, in Day of Defeat, I have very fluid game play and movement at 1920x1080 resolution with all settings on High while using 12.1.0-1.i386. However, when I upgrade to 12.1.2-1.i386, the FPS and game play drop into the toilet.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the new version and even removed all my bottles and recreated them to no avail.

This is reproducible every time I install the new version (12.1.2-1.i386).

If I stay on the old version, everything works as it should.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Joe

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYkg3QUhIVDVSeXFtN2V2QyIsImdkcHIiOjB9