CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Bottle Libraries

I've read that I can port applications from one computer to another (if they both have CrossOver) by moving the bottle for the Application. Since setting up bottles sometimes takes some work to get it working I'm wondering if there is a library of bottles available either from Codeweavers or elsewhere?

For example, a bottle with Office 2007 that works on Linux would be great. I realize that I would need to have my own license key, which I have. I also see that Office 2007 is a bronze application, so getting it fully working might require a bit of work (I haven't tried it yet but plan to).

Are there recyclable bottles available for applications like that?

Thanks
Joel

Even with your own key, we don't have the right to create such a thing for you, for a proprietary app such as Office. For certain free things, it might be fine to do, but I don't know of anyone doing it now. CrossOver's installer is supposed to make it easier to install things which you already have media for, so our hope is that creating the bottle isn't that difficult. I know it can be a nuisance anyway at times, but we certainly don't have a repository of anything like what you are looking for.

If it's any comfort, I use office 2007 regularly on my Arch box, and it runs pretty good for me. In fact, I can't remember when last it bugged out on me.

Thanks for the clarification. I have my install media DVD and legal password. I was asking in the interest of my time and convenience, but I can see why such a library of bottles would be problematic.

Joel

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZENiQ0xFbnplNnFyVnVmQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9