CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

'pro_10.2.0-1_amd64' DEB install fails missing dependencies

So I download the DEB file for '-pro_10.2.0-1_amd64' and try to install it. I get errors about dependencies.

prompt$  sudo dpkg --install ia32-crossover-pro_10.2.0-1_amd64.deb                        

[sudo] password for XXXXX:                                                                

Selecting previously unselected package ia32-crossover-pro.                               
(Reading database ... 180822 files and directories currently installed.)                  
Unpacking ia32-crossover-pro (from ia32-crossover-pro_10.2.0-1_amd64.deb) ...             
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of ia32-crossover-pro:                    
 ia32-crossover-pro depends on libc6-i386; however:                                       
  Package libc6-i386 is not installed.                                                    
 ia32-crossover-pro depends on ia32-libs | ia32-apt-get; however:                         
  Package ia32-libs is not installed.                                                     
  Package ia32-apt-get is not installed.                                                  
 ia32-crossover-pro depends on lib32gcc1; however:                                        
  Package lib32gcc1 is not installed.                                                     
 ia32-crossover-pro depends on lib32nss-mdns; however:                                    
  Package lib32nss-mdns is not installed.                                                 
 ia32-crossover-pro depends on lib32z1; however:                                          
  Package lib32z1 is not installed.                                                       

dpkg: error processing ia32-crossover-pro (--install):                                    
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured                                               
Errors were encountered while processing:                                                 
 ia32-crossover-pro                                                                       
prompt$

I'm sure this is a cockpit problem on my end. Can anyone shed some light?

My workstation is Linux Mint-15, 64-bit, on an Intel i5 with 8GB ram.

Thanks in advance,

Debian, and therefore the derivatives (including Mint and Ubuntu) are switching to a "multiarch" architecture to handle 32bit. During that transition, some stuff has become "problematic". The multiarch transition is causing problems with Crossover 12.5.0. The next version, 12.5.1 will correct the situation, and a few advocates are testing as we speak, along with the devs own testing. I don't know when the official release will be.

For the time being, you can look at this thread...

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY3o2YWFMTFpDS0NabWd4SCIsImdkcHIiOjB9