CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

OpenSusE 13.1 and Crossover 13.0

Hi to all
I have just Installed a fresh copy of OpenSusE 13.1 64bit installed crossover 13.0 then ran /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag crossover installed many lib's automatically bellow is a list of the missing lib's that will need to be installed manually a long with the needed simlinks. (Add 32bit at end of each for 64bit systems)
libcapi20.so.3
libFontconfig.so.1
libGphoto2.so.2 Simlink needed code ln -s /usr/lib/libgphoto2.so.6.0.0 /usr/lib/libgphoto2.so.2
libGsm.0.10
libGstapp.0.10
libGstreamer.0.10
libhal need to download from Internet
libLcm2.so.2
libMpg123.so.0
libOSMesa.so.6 Simlink needed code ln -s /usr/lib/libOSMesa.so.8.0.0 /usr/lib/libOSMesa.so.6
libSane.so1 In OpenSusE sane-backends
libTiff.so.4 Simlink needed code ln -s /usr/lib/libtiff.so.5.2.0 /usr/lib/libtiff.so.4
libV4l1.so1
libXcomposite.so1
libXcursor.so.1
libXinerama.so.1
libXml2.so2
libXslt.so1
libGnutls.so.library Simlink needed code ln -s /usr/lib/libgnutls.so.28.9.0 /usr/lib/libgnutls.so.26
libOpenal.so.1
I hope this is help full
Update to my Post
OpenSuse 13.1 handles Pulseaudio different than in past versions. Some apps installed it crossover the require audio will brake if you do not go into Control Panel Wine Configuration and set defaults for you audio in and out. Good Luck

I've installed it too but I shall wait until the nvidia blobs are prepared and uploaded. Will play with crossover when I get that sorted out. Went for btfs (yay! snapshots) and it's in a waaay better shape than one year ago. Basically could not tell the diff between ext4 and btrfs speedwise.

I've moved this information to our FAQ page on OpenSUSE:

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/faq/OpenSUSE

I am slowly working through and updating the information we have in our FAQ to present it in a more organized fashion but this is a project in my free and spare time... though I plan to pay attention to it as we test various distributions on fresh installations.

You probably don't need libhal. If you have udisks or udisks2 (which you probably do), Wine will use those instead.

I've created the simlinks and cxdiag shows no missing libraries. Still, when I try to start Crossover in Opensuse 13.1 I get the popup window with the "You seem to be missing the Python GTK+ modules" message. Python-gtk and Python-gtk 32 bit are both installed. This error occurred with both Crossover 12.2 and 13. 12.2 worked fine for me under Opensuse 12.3, but has had this problem since I updated the OS to 13.1.

Did you upgrade from 12.3 to 13.1 or did you do a clean install of 13.1. did you save any of your crossover install or do a clean install. What version of python-gtk do you have it should be (python-gtk 2.24.0) I don't think there is a 32bit version.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieGJMSFNtcG1VUGRrWUV1TiIsImdkcHIiOjB9