CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Connect to linux clipboard

I have installed the Windows app ClipCache in CrossOver Linux 13.0. The application installed and opens without any trouble. I cannot, however, figure out how to get it to connect to the linux clipboard. The program is an excellent clipboard management program under Windows and I was hoping to be able to use run it on linux using CrossOver. The linux distrubution that I am running is Linux Mint Debian Edition 201303.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Fuss

Honestly, judging from the Wine wiki, I doubt that you can link things up like that.

In particuler, the wiki states that "Currently if you don't own the clipboard and you add data it will only be available locally to the process. " If I understand correctly, attempting to use a clipboard manager in a bottle would only allow the data to be available locally to the bottle, or "wineloader" process. Of course, I might be wrong.

Still the text does state that this could change in the future.

There are clipboard managers for Linux, although they tend to be minimalist.

Thank you for that information. I was afraid that was going to be the case. I suppose I will just have to wait to see if this will ever be possible.

As far as the clipboard managers that are available in linux are concerned, I have not found any that really meet my needs. What I want is something that is as full-featured as ClipCache on Windows. I have not found any native linux app that even comes close. Hopefully that will change one day.

Mark Fuss

I have no idea what your needs are, as mine are rather simplistic.

But, have you checked out http://sourceforge.net/projects/copyq/ , it does seem to have lots of features.

J-P Simard wrote:

I have no idea what your needs are, as mine are rather simplistic.

But, have you checked out http://sourceforge.net/projects/copyq/, it
does seem to have lots of features.

Hey J-P
You stuck a comma on the end of the link. Other wise it Leads to the right link. I know I have big fingers too.

Yes, big hands, and I have a huge headache which makes me prone to blunders...

I did a quick install of copyQ seems to have a lot of features. Hope the headache clears up soon.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU01LSFl2TjJLZVFuRjZLcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9