CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Bottle audio configuration issues F19 x64

OK, I am having this issue on two F19 computers each running CX13.0.1.

Prior to the latest update, all sound worked fine using the "Default" device, and it would pipe audio to whatever GNOME3 had as its current audio device selected in the system configuration. Meaning I could alter the audio to be my headset by selecting that there and all my bottles would just go there then, rather than my onboard sound card & speakers.

Now, it doesn't do that. I need to manually tell it what device to use. What happened? Is this a wine issue that just surfaced? Fedora specific issue? Or and "Andy Issue (tm)"? As I said, this is very recent, and when running cxdiag --debug, its happy across the board, sans HAL, gPhoto2, TIFF, and OSMesa. None of which I particularily care about nor can install using any of my repos. And yes, I am on x64 and using i686 libs for all of them :P

Due to the fact I tend to just use fedup to upgrade, I have zero idea if there was a fix I did ages ago that got vaped, but hence why I decided to get vocal and pester y'all.

And yes, the system works fine other than this, sound goes where I tell it on native apps in GNOME3. Just Crossover sofar. I tend to not bother with vanilla wine since the main titles I play need a IE install that is a PITA to get working on vanilla (STO & NW).

Thanks,
Andrew.

Ya same problem on OpenSuse 13.1 but only on Intel system on AMD the defaults still work. I would tend to think it is Crossover specific as running the same apps in vanilla wine there are no sound issues with defaults on either Intel or AMD.

Thanks Gary. I was kinda leaning to the culprit being 13.0 codebase having this bug, but I wasn't going to just throw that out there if its a Fedora thing. As my whole apartment is either on RHEL/CentOS or Fedora, makes things hard to troubleshoot distro or the software itself. But perhaps this is an easy fix for Codeweavers' devs. Presuming we are right with our assumptions that is.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS1J4RlJGMndkUU5KUmdiWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9