CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How to associate Excel with .xlsx MIME type ubuntu 11.10

Hi,

I just did a fresh install of Ubuntu 11.10 and installed Word and Excel with crossover Pro. Unfortunately Excel doesn't open .xlsx files with I double click on them, word does.

I right click on the files and choose "Open with" but excel (or word) is not in the list. How do I add these two programs to the "Open with" list so I can associate a mime type with them?

Thanks

That's a weird one. The "open with" associations should be set automatically with the installation of Office 2007. If you go into Manage Bottles>Control Panel>Edit Associations, do you see "use when double-clicking" or "include in open with", along with the correct application, next to the .xlsx extension? What if you "recreate" the extensions, and maybe logout/login to your user account - any difference?

Also - did you install Excel and Word separately? Or as a part of the whole Office 2007 package?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUzg2MzVOUTJoY0w0S21mZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9