CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Migrating cxoffice bottle from old hard drive

EDIT: Never mind..Actually found a former grad student also kept a copy of this program around..Thankfully I don't have to try the migration.

Hi,

I have a problem. Many years ago I installed crossover office Standard version 4.2 on an old machine running Fedora. I placed a particular program onto there which I have a license to but is not longer downloadable (and I need it now). That machine is now effectively defunct. I can access the hard drive, but that's about it.

Is there a way for me to move my "bottle" from the old crossover onto my new one? I know the new crossover can just archive bottles and recover them..But it seems like 4.2 had a different structure. I can see that crossover itself is in a directory outside of ~/.cxoffice, and the program in question is not in a bottle but seems to be in its own directory completely outside of ~/.cxoffice.

For example, I can see

/data/progs/crossover

which seems to contain the licenses, readme files, as well as bin, etc, lib, support, and a couple of other subdirectories.

I can also see

/data/progs/progname

which seems to be my program's main directory..But it seems like it's not at all connected to ~/.cxoffice (which is apparently empty). I also don't see any kind of c_drive structure that I have in the modern crossover.

Is it possible to somehow migrate this "bottle"?

thank you,
Marko

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMlZOQlNiQk11QXV1djR2YSIsImdkcHIiOjB9