CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How to fix this font display problem?

Hey there.

I remember I had this problem before and fix it installing something via winetricks I guess but I cant remember now.

This is the problem I have:

Any ideas?

Off the top of my head, I'd say install Core Fonts into that bottle. You'll find that in "runtime support components" in Crossover's install software menu. Any difference?

Jack Phinney wrote:

Off the top of my head, I'd say install Core Fonts into that bottle.
You'll find that in "runtime support components" in Crossover's
install software menu. Any difference?

No that doesn't work.

However I found the solution 😀
You need to enable subpixel smoothing (Clear Type) RGB I did it on wine and it fixed the problem however I have no idea to do it on crossover

X_Splinter wrote:

Jack Phinney wrote:

Off the top of my head, I'd say install Core Fonts into
that bottle. You'll find that in "runtime support components" in
Crossover's install software menu. Any difference?

No that doesn't work.

However I found the solution 😀
You need to enable subpixel smoothing (Clear Type) RGB
I did it on wine and it fixed the problem however I have no idea to
do it on crossover

Hi...

...that setting is controlled by a registry key ; the variant you
refer to here (RGB) is enabled by importing the following registry key
into the bottle's registry using regedit...;

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"FontSmoothing"="2"
"FontSmoothingGamma"=dword:00000578
"FontSmoothingOrientation"=dword:00000001
"FontSmoothingType"=dword:00000002

Cheers!

after adding that string value data to my registry, my font display problem was resolved in Amazon Kindle for PC—only experienced the problem in a few books here and there.

found regedit.exe at /home/nick/.cxoffice/Amazon Kindle for PC 1.x/drive_c/windows/

right click in registry editor for screen menu, then New>>String Value, then edit the new string value's name, then right click on the new value you just added, then Modify, then add the value data, repeat.

awesome fix, thank you.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNGdoNWVkZnFaTDZwcnNlTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9