CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

crossover linux over linux mint 64 bits

Hi

Trying to install crossover linux 9 over 64 bits, get it this:

[i]Verifying archive integrity...OK
Uncompressing CrossOver Linux Professional
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............
No protocol specified

Setup requires an X display to run. There is a display variable set, however
you have no permissions to access the X server (:0) it points to.
Try running xhost +localhost before su'ing to root.

The setup program seems to have failed on Linux / x86 / glibc-2.9.
Check the system requirements at:
http://www.codeweavers.com/products/.../requirements/

You might be missing the 32bit compatibility libraries.
If this is the case, you may try running one of the following commands as root:
Fedora: yum install glibc.i686 libgcc.i386 libSM.i386 libXi.i386 zlib.i386
Debian/Ubuntu: apt-get install ia32-libs libc6-i386 lib32nss-mdns
[/i]

I installed the libraries of 32 bits

apt-get install ia32-libs libc6-i386 lib32nss-mdns lib32z1-dev ia32-libs-dev

After that still maintain the same problem

What Can I do?

Best Regards

Have you tried you load Cx under Mint 32bit - say:- Mint 10/32 ??.

I've had no issues @ all with Mint 32bit - any version.

BTW:- Mint is a quite stable O/S to work with - But- try to stay with the main release,
at least while you try out Cx & then go sideways to other versions or even to 64bit.

Do you get the same errors if you try to install from the 64-bit .deb package in terminal?

$ sudo dpkg -i ia32-crossover-pro_10.2.0-1_amd64.deb

That's what I use to install Crossover on my Mint 11 64-bit machine.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOVhUTTI3UFR4SHYyY3ViZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9