CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't "Save as PDF" in Powerpoint 2007

For some reason, every time I try to save one of my Powerpoint 2007 .pptx files in PDF format I get the same error message about the filename being invalid (click on the image link below to see a snapshot of the full error message from Powerpoint under Crossover Pro):

This file name is perfectly acceptable to Powerpoint as it edits it, and the target directory for the resulting PDF is readable and writable since this is where the open .pptx file resides and I can edit/save it just fine from there.

Any ideas why this always fails? This is driving me nuts.

Others are going to ask, so what OS are you running? Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch or Mac? 32 or 64 bits?

In any case, I tried saving as PDF with your exact file name and it works fine with my system. Obviously, the file name is fine, but I also can't reproduce the problem. I imagine it's some missing library on your system which prohibits proper saving. Maybe someone will come by and know the exact solution (Maybe crossover staff members, which I'm not ;) ).

I dont want to sound condescending, since you probably know more about computers than I do professor, but what about looking at a log file? You can use the "windows command" utility in your crossover menu. Choose the bottle for office (probably named "Microsoft Office 2007"). In the command field, type "powerpnt.exe". In the debug options, check the option to create a log. Try to save the document as a PDF in powerpoint, and after it fails, close everything. Go to where the log file was saved and look through it for the mention of a missing library or something, probably towards the end.

If you can't find anything explaining the situation, post the log like you did for the error message. If either you or I can't find anything, maybe someone else will.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZWczMmJkZDhxQVNIRkdDZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9