CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

OpenGL is not using Direct Rendering

Hi everyone,

on several games i get this warning (like Starcraft 2):

"OpenGL is not using Direct Rendering: This typically indicates a graphics driver configuration issue and will prevent most 3D games and applications from working correctly."

on others like Source engine based ones, not, they work fine, except Portal 2 (i still can't even start it).

glxinfo | grep direct
direct rendering: Yes
    GL_EXT_Cg_shader, GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test, GL_EXT_direct_state_access,

Cw: 11.2.0

I'm using Chakra (Archlinux fork) 32/64 bit, KDE, latest nvidia driver installed (302.17), both 32/64 bit support, HW: Gainward GeForce 9800GT, system up to date, any solutions to this problem?

Another small issue is:
"Missing 32bit libjpeg.so.62 library: This is needed by some applications that use JPEG images in their user interface. The lack of this library may result in black icons."

while:

whereis libjpeg.so.62
libjpeg.so: /usr/lib/libjpeg.so /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8 /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62

could this be an issue regarding the move of /lib to usr/lib ?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSzdMRWVReGhUaDk2TnJUVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9