CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Ticket 905815 - Genesys Configuration Manager

The Ticket 905815 error dialog box suggests a couple of clues to a workaround. Pardon my posting it here; I couldn't see how to add a post to the ticket. I don't have the app and am new to crossover (although I have debuged some in wine), so I'm guessing somewhat and may be wrong.

The error message says, "For the list of supported platforms please refer to the read_me file ... ".

It seems to me that after reading that file, using "about" menu or looking in the folder, Karol could find a 64-bit configuration the program accepts, and make a bottle with that specific information listed, perhaps Windows 7 instead of Windows XP if crossover supports Windows 7 bottles.

The xml file, which the program is rumored to use to validate the platform, is attached to the bug as a file inside attachments.zip. According to that:

<Computer Type="Intel EM64T">  
  <OS Name="Windows Server 2003" MinVersion="SP1" CfgOSType="15"/>  
  <OS Name="Windows 7"/>  
</Computer>

sixty-four bit Windows 7 is indeed an acceptable platform.

If for some reason a Windows 7 bottle does not work, it still might be possible to modify the xml file before install. In that case the program might attempt to use a feature which is only available in a Windows 7 bottle, however.

If crossover can run 32-bit bottles on 64-bit Linux, that might be still another path to successful installation. Notice that it accepts XP and Vista in 32-bit mode; however there are patch levels involved which might be an issue.

Also another good suggestion to trick the installer into proceeding. Between using a Windows 7 bottle and modifying the XML file I would think it would work.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicVkzMlJ0TGtzM0c0cWNtSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9