CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

upgrading Wine in crossover

So it seems that crossover installs Wine into the bottle for an application.
I recently read that Wine 1.5.11 allows the Captains Quarters in Eve Online. Checking the About page for wine inside the Eve bottle, it reports that Wine 1.4.1 is being used.
What do I do to upgrade to the latest version (1.5.11) of wine inside a bottle?

Michael Eber wrote:

So it seems that crossover installs Wine into the bottle for
an application.
I recently read that Wine 1.5.11 allows the Captains Quarters in Eve
Online. Checking the About page for wine inside the Eve bottle, it
reports that Wine 1.4.1 is being used.
What do I do to upgrade to the latest version (1.5.11) of wine
inside a bottle?

This is not a feature of CrossOver. We release with a specific version of Wine known to work with all of our Supported Applications. If we allowed the version of Wine within CrossOver to be adjusted it would be a support nightmare.

However, you can write in a Support Ticket and we can see if we can track down what fixed the Captains Quarters in Eve Online. If we can, we would consider including that patch or series of patches in CrossOver.

Thanks for your input. I got an email inviting me to work with nightly builds. I'll explore helping you folks that way. :)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidGdmTnFHZEFxTGdxVWZWRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9