CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Teamviewer 7 VS Crossover 11.2.1

Hi, i have a problem, when i restarting, i lost everything recently created (files/settings/folder), it's take me lots of time to find what's wrong but it's appear it's Teamviewer 7 and/or Crossover 11.2.1 because it's what i installed during this problem re-appear the last time. I have to say that it's a strange problem that i dont understand well but i have to say that i'm in Ubuntu 12.04 x64.

I noticed that Teamviewer 7 for Linux use Wine and i read that Wine doesn't like it when more than 1 version of Wine is installed.

Someone can try vanilla of Ubuntu 12.04 and install Teamviewer 7 X64 + Crossover 11.2.1 x64 and check if any more recently created folder/files/settings dissipear ?

PS: i also use : ln -sfvn "/Bouteilles" /home/eric/.cxoffice Because my bottles are in a second hard drive.

Thanks for your help,
Éric

Although TeamViewer comes with an adapted wine version, I doubt it will interfere with whatever wine you have on your system. A good example is playonlinux which routinely downloads multiple version of wine, depending on the software being installed. Yet, the various wine versions it downloads do not intefere with each other. If you are loosing stuff, I doubt "wine" has anything to do with it.

I do have a couple of questions:

1) Just to be clear, are you using the windows version in Wine or the Linux version (which has wine)?

2) Where were those files and folders that you lost? If at all possible, I would like to reproduce with as much fidelity the conditions of you system, as I am curious.

Lastly, even if you and I are obviously more confortable in French, I suggest we continue in Enlgish so that others may follow. But if need be, I would gladly continue this in French.

J-P Simard wrote:

Although TeamViewer comes with an adapted wine version, I doubt it
will interfere with whatever wine you have on your system. A good
example is playonlinux which routinely downloads multiple version of
wine, depending on the software being installed. Yet, the various
wine versions it downloads do not intefere with each other. If you
are loosing stuff, I doubt "wine" has anything to do with it.

I do have a couple of questions:

1) Just to be clear, are you using the windows version in Wine or
the Linux version (which has wine)?

2) Where were those files and folders that you lost? If at all
possible, I would like to reproduce with as much fidelity the
conditions of you system, as I am curious.

Lastly, even if you and I are obviously more confortable in French,
I suggest we continue in Enlgish so that others may follow. But if
need be, I would gladly continue this in French.

Hi, thanks, i use the linux version, the one that come with Crossover 11.2.1.

I lose files from anywhere, i tried from my Downloads to by desktop, even my settings (USB/SOUND/Etc.).

If you like, take my G+ or FB page :

https://plus.google.com/106442233165702265878
https://www.facebook.com/bouchereric0000

;)

My apologies to the English speaking, but I think french is needed here...

Je veux juste être clair...

Si tu as installé TeamViewer avec Crossover, c'est qu'il s'agit de la version Windows de TeamViewer. Crossover est alors nécessaire à l'exécution du logiciel. Un bon moyen de savoir, c'est si l'entrée dans le menu de ton desktop est sous "programmes windows". Si c'est le cas, c'est une chose et je testerai en conséquence.

Si tu as installé TeamViewer avec un "deb" (exemple: http://www.teamviewer.com/download/teamviewer_linux_x64.deb), tu as la supposé version "linux" avec un Wine adapté. Crossover n'a pas été impliqué durant son installation, ni son exécution d'aucune façon.

Dois-je comprendre que t'as la version Windows installé via Crossover? J'attends la confirmation afin de savoir qu'est-ce que je dois installer. J'ai déjà une machine virtuelle toute neuve pour faire le test.

En passant, je ne suis ni sur Facebook, ni sur G+. Ça serait trop long à expliquer ici le pourquoi de la situation. Je te remercie toutefois pour l'invitation.

Well with an open ticket, is my attention still needed?

J-P Simard wrote:

My apologies to the English speaking, but I think french is needed
here...

Je veux juste être clair...

Si tu as installé TeamViewer avec Crossover, c'est qu'il s'agit de
la version Windows de TeamViewer. Crossover est alors nécessaire
à l'exécution du logiciel. Un bon moyen de savoir, c'est si
l'entrée dans le menu de ton desktop est sous "programmes windows".
Si c'est le cas, c'est une chose et je testerai en conséquence.

Si tu as installé TeamViewer avec un "deb" (exemple:
http://www.teamviewer.com/download/teamviewer_linux_x64.deb), tu as
la supposé version "linux" avec un Wine adapté. Crossover n'a pas
été impliqué durant son installation, ni son exécution d'aucune
façon.

Dois-je comprendre que t'as la version Windows installé via
Crossover? J'attends la confirmation afin de savoir qu'est-ce que
je dois installer. J'ai déjà une machine virtuelle toute neuve
pour faire le test.

En passant, je ne suis ni sur Facebook, ni sur G+. Ça serait trop
long à expliquer ici le pourquoi de la situation. Je te remercie
toutefois pour l'invitation.

Well with an open ticket, is my attention still needed?

I installed it with the link you provided. The "deb" that contain a Wine.

Thanks,
Éric

Yeah, I thought there might be some confusion, as I was confused as to what you did! 😀

Does that version work better? Does it leave your stuff alone?

Teamviewer 7 for Linux runs in a Wine wrapper that doesn't interact or interfere with any already installed Wine package. Crossover also doesn't interact or interfere with Wine.

Andrew Balfour wrote:

Teamviewer 7 for Linux runs in a Wine wrapper that doesn't interact
or interfere with any already installed Wine package. Crossover also
doesn't interact or interfere with Wine.

I've used Teamviwer 5 / 6 / 7 - in both Mint & Ubuntu - for the last four years, at least - without any issues. . . .

• to 'help' people using that M$ stuff 😈

Pierre wrote:

Andrew Balfour wrote:

Teamviewer 7 for Linux runs in a Wine wrapper that doesn't
interact or interfere with any already installed Wine package.
Crossover also doesn't interact or interfere with Wine.

I've used Teamviwer 5 / 6 / 7 - in both Mint & Ubuntu - for the last
four years, at least - without any issues. . . .

• to 'help' people using that M$ stuff 😈

Thanks, it's was related with my SSD that is not compatible with the way Ubuntu drive it.

For future purposes, my SSD was Kingston SNV425-S2.

Thanks everyones.
Éric

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRU13djRxSlV1clNWY3o2SCIsImdkcHIiOjB9