CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Expiration Date

Hello,
I'm a little confused.

"Existing customers will get a free 12 month extension added to their entitlement, so they can enjoy CrossOver for 12 further months."

Reading this I downloaded the free version 11.3.1.

But looking into my account I read this

"If the most recent version of CrossOver is not shown. This means your entitlement has expired."

and only the version 11.2.1 is visible.

So please clarify what is correct.

Regards

Bernd

Judging from other posts I've read in the forums, I think Codeweaver has been overwhelmed like in 2008. I believe we have to give them a little time until they get around to order out the chaos. Perhaps by next week?

Crossover 11.2.1 is actually still the most recent version that users will find in their "My Account>My Downloads" section. 11.3.1 was a "free giveaway, only" build. 11.3.0 (which is functionally the same as 11.3.1, but won't have a built-in pre-registered license) will be released shortly, and then this will appear in your My Downloads.

If you're a pre-existing customer and you signed up for the giveaway yesterday, you'll be getting an email in a few days with your license info. Register the license as per the directions on the email, and you'll have an additional year's license added to your current one.

Jack Phinney wrote:

Crossover 11.2.1 is actually still the most recent version that
users will find in their "My Account>My Downloads" section. 11.3.1
was a "free giveaway, only" build. 11.3.0 (which is functionally the
same as 11.3.1, but won't have a built-in pre-registered license)
will be released shortly, and then this will appear in your My
Downloads.

If you're a pre-existing customer and you signed up for the giveaway
yesterday, you'll be getting an email in a few days with your
license info. Register the license as per the directions on the
email, and you'll have an additional year's license added to your
current one.

Kind of confusing, but thanks for clarifying. I thought I had done something wrong and lost advocate priveledges when my available updates were older than the free download. So I downloaded the free version.

Jack Phinney wrote:

Crossover 11.2.1 is actually still the most recent version that
users will find in their "My Account>My Downloads" section. 11.3.1
was a "free giveaway, only" build. 11.3.0 (which is functionally the
same as 11.3.1, but won't have a built-in pre-registered license)
will be released shortly, and then this will appear in your My
Downloads.

If you're a pre-existing customer and you signed up for the giveaway
yesterday, you'll be getting an email in a few days with your
license info. Register the license as per the directions on the
email, and you'll have an additional year's license added to your
current one.

Thanks for replay and clarifying!

Bernd

what happens if the trial expires before they send you the email to actavite your subscription, the product would then unable to work even though you have a valid subscription.

CrossOver 11.3.1 doesn't expire is a give away version

Carlos Rafael Ramirez wrote:

CrossOver 11.3.1 doesn't expire is a give away version

True.

Note that if you don't register with the email you receive from the giveaway, you won't be able to receive any upgrades past 11.3.1. A licensed account is required for that. However, the 11.3.1 download itself is pre-registered and will not expire on you.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSjN4YVpuQXVGeVVzR0tZOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9