CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Left 4 Dead 2 Online Issues

Hello Code weavers, I am having an issue playing Left 4 Dead 2 online. I can play for maybe half the map then I get this error:

Server is enforcing consistency for this file: File left4dead/pak01_dir.vpk was not found.

Now I searched online and found out that it could be add-ons but, I don't have any. I also read that some people checked their game cache and resolved the issues. Others re installed the game and some people got the error to go away with some commands that you would type in the console of the game. I have tried everything I read online but, to no avail.

I know Left 4 Dead 2 is in stage Bronze but, I was wondering if others had this issues and if they did, did they get it resolved and if so how? If someone could please point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

For what it's worth I was having issues with Left for Dead (The first one) and all I did was change the window setting to window(with no border) and it fixed all issues. When I tried this with Left 4 Dead 2, it did not work (for online). Before I could not play single player because it would lock up but, now I can play single player with no problem by changing the window option and just to be sure I set the window option back to full screen to see if maybe that was my problem playing online but, it was a no go.

My system Spec's are as follows:

AMD FX 4100 Quad Core 3.62 Ghz

4 GBs DRR3 1333 Mhz

Debian Squeeze 6.0.6 32 bit Stable

Kernel 2.6.32-5-686

nVidia GeForce 210 / driver version 304.60

CrossOver 11.3.1

Thank you for your time.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Bump

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieDVYY3BuV05VemdYNFFGUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9