CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mouse Capture

Hey everyone. So I've got two games installed through Crossover right now, Freespace 2 and Fallout 2. When I run Freespace 2, emulating a virtual desktop, the mouse isn't captured, allowing me to move the mouse out of the window so that I can do things like adjust the window location, look at other programs, etc.

However, when I run Fallout 2 it does capture the mouse, which is bad because the windowed-mode screen is small and in the upper corner. Any idea how to make it so that it doesn't capture the mouse?

You can set MouseWarpOverride to force_edge (force mouse warp when on the edge of the
window/screen), or just disable it.```
/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/AppDefaults/fallout2.exe/DirectInput/
MouseWarpOverride=force_edge
or
MouseWarpOverride=disable

Run regedit (Run a Windows Command, select the bottle and run regedit)

Navigate to HKCU/Software/Wine/AppDefaults and create a **fallout2.exe** folder/key.

In the fallout2.exe folder, create a **DirectInput** folder/key.

In the DirectInput folder, create a **MouseWarpOverride** string and modify the data to  
*force_edge* or *disable*.

Other useful registry tweaks can be found at [http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys](http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys).

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia2M4Y1l6M3F3ckxKVFVoSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9