CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Excel VBA User Form problem

I have just installed Windows Office 2007 using CW with Ubuntu 12.10. Installtion was successful and all seemed well until I came to the reason for installing Office!

Back in my days of being a Windows-user I wrote a very large VBA macro for somebody and it now needs modifying. All the macro modules open and work fine, the problem arises whenever I try to display any of the numerous user forms that I created. I am able to open the form and edit it in the usual macro editing way but whenever I click on a command button that should display the userform or run a macro that alters the properties of a userform then I get a complie error with the message: Object library feature not supported.

Foe example FrmUpdate.show should display the user form called FrmUpdate but I get the compile error, same for FrmAddPlyr.LB_GridPlyrs.RowSource = "GNics" which should load the ListBox called LB_GridPlyrs in the user form called FrmAddPlyr with the values in the named range GNics. In both cases the name of the user form (FrmUpdate and FrmAddPlyr) are highlighted by the debugger and the compile error given.

There is not a compile error as the same macro or command button runs perfectly when using Windows.

I am obviously missing the appropriate library file(s). Does anybody know what these file(s) would be and where I can find them to download?

Hi, I didn't use CrossOver Linux when installing Excel on my ubuntu laptop.

I went the workaround way with wine 1.4 and winetricks and added the library files suggested in this blogpost: http://nithinaneeshsct06bt.blogspot.se/2012/05/install-microsoft-office-2007-in-ubuntu.html

However... struck the same wall as you did when trying to load my perfectly fine userform.

Have you had any luck finding out wich library file(s) that you (we) miss?

Best regards
Joakim

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSnJIWnZlTDlwVGRITmY0cyIsImdkcHIiOjB9