CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Running Crossover with an Edubuntu version ( brazilian late "Big Linux" v4.2 distro )

[i] I've been using CrossOver , installed over an Edubuntu brazilian Linux distro , and it's working fine , the speed is good . It's very stable , rock-solid , and runs nearly all of my "Windows" appliances . But I'm still trying to make things like a USB flat-scanner and USB printer be fully controlled by it .
João Cesar , Salvador (Brazil) , 23-2-2013 .

Crossover probably won't be able to help you with your USB flat-scanner and printer - device interaction and management must be handled at the OS level (i.e. by Edubuntu). Windows apps running in Crossover should be able to use any applicable device that can be used by native applications (i.e. if you can use your printer in a native app, you should be able to use it in a windows app via Crossover), but if your Edubuntu system is having a hard time recognizing/installing your scanner or printer, in the first place, this is not something Crossover can solve for you.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid2drTU1KeU15OExRVkpHeSIsImdkcHIiOjB9