CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 2013 Installer Won't Even Run

Hi Everyone,

I am well past my support date, but I am resisting upgrading to version 12 as I hate having to pay every year. I am using Crossover Linux 11, and I am trying to install Office 2013. The problem is that when I run the 'Install New Windows Software' app, it creates a bottle, says it is running the Installer, but then jumps straight to clean up. This happens with either XP or Vista bottles, and with 'Other Software' or one of the older Office templates. The installer just doesn't run. I have tried running the CD image directly, or manually choosing the setup.exe file as the installer, same result every time.

I tried installing a 'Community Supported Application' - UltraVNC - and it installed just fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike

We do not yet support Office 2013. Howver, I am curious: what kind of distribution medium do you have for it? It sounds like you got a CD for Office 2013. Are you installing from something you got from volume licensing in-house for a corporate account? Or do you in fact not have a CD, and if not, what install mechanism are you using? Did you get a copy of Office 2013 on a CD as a consumer?

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the response. I just found this link as well: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=10518;forum=1;msg=128899. I should have found that before posting.

What I have is an trial iso image downloaded from Microsoft for Office 2013 Professional Pro. I have a license from my University to use for the installation.

Thanks,

Mike

Did your university give you a link to the download privately, or did you find a publicly available trial iso of Office Pro 2013? I am not aware of one presently, but if MS is offering such a thing, we would want to look at it.

I found it myself. I only searched for the Professional Plus download, but I found it here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/jj192782.aspx

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWHozeVl4NUVQTjJIdUNBeiIsImdkcHIiOjB9