CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

C: drive access....

How can I see the contents of a bottle's C: drive? More specifically, I need to copy a backup file from the C: drive to another drive or removeable media. I tried using "Manage Bottles" from the menu (advanced, browse C: drive), but it opens Archive Manager which states "Could not open C: drive, Archive type not supported".

Is there a way to get to the contents of the C: drive through the Linux file system? I'm using Mint 12 with MATE as the file manager (similar to the older GNOME file manager). I can fllow instructions for a command line, but isn't there a way to see and copy to/from the C: drive using a file manager? I tried selecting something other than the C: drive to write the backup file to, but the program crashes if I do that.

Well, you shouldn't have an archive manager but your file manager opening when clicking the "browse c:drive" button, so there's something funny there. I'm not very sure how to fix that.

In any case, you should look in your home directory for a folder named ".cxoffice". In there you should find your bottles, and in each find a folder named drive_c. If Mate kept the original gnome commands, you might need to press ctrl+H to show hidden files.

That did it! I was looking through the manual and it said something about looking for the .cxoffice files in the OPT folder in the file system. That's just the CrossOver files though, not installed program files. Will try to remember the files are hidden in my HOME folder.

Yeah lots of stuff is hid in your home folder for config files and other stuff. If a piece of software (even Linux native) ever malfunctions on you, but works fine on another user account, you should find it's config folder/files in your home folder and either fix it or delete it. They all start with a ".", like ".config" for instance which holds a lot of stuff.

As for the /opt folder, I believe that would hold true for "published" bottles. You see, you have to install modes for Crossover, single user and system wide. The second option allows your bottle to be used by all the system's users should you "publish" the bottle.

I have a single user install being the sole user, so my stuff, as is yours, is in .cxfolder in my home.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiczIzdFR6OVVNaHVLZXFSQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9