CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

MS Excel 2007 Separate Windows in v11

Hi all, was going to log a ticket but thought to try here first.

Have been using Office 2007 for years. I could of sworn up until v11 of Crossover Linux opening .xlsx documents from KDE Dolphin file manager would yield a new Excel window for each document. Now I'm not seeing that. I'm getting them all in one window and have to use the Excel "View" menu to switch windows (tragedy).

I've followed some tricks on the web for making Excel do the right thing: Excel Options>Advanced>Show All Windows in the Taskbar (untick). There is also a trick to add "%1" at the end of the program association in windows. Looking at the complexity of the cxoffice associations, I don't know how to implement that.

Anyone know how to achieve this?

Thanks!

I'm having the same problem.
I can not work in excel with two open windows, which is very bad..
I'm just waiting for the solution of this problem to buy this program and migrate from Windows 7 to Ubuntu.

Since I had Excel, I tried to find a solution, and I think I have a "workaround".

Now, like you, I can't open two documents and have them in two windows if I use Excel's menus. But, on my system, I can open Excel twice with my "windows applications menu", and in each instance, I can open a new document. Therefore each with their own windows, because I have two Excel windows right off the bat.

Now this isn't "perfect" but if this works on my system, wouldn't it do for you guys?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWlpkWHBXVGZWSFB2djdNMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9