CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

After install my Splayer crash after selecting media file

Hi,

I am new to crossover and installing windows based application in linux. I installed Splayer on my Linux open client, after I select the any file to open it immediately crash the application. Do I need to do anything extra on my linux open client.

Thanking in advance.

Regards,
YJ

I have tried running it, but I can't find a solution. Perhaps opening a support ticket might be best. Also, for future reference, please mention which distro you are using. Simply saying "linux client" isn't enough.

By the way, when it come to media players, there's quite a few for Linux, you might want to look into that. VLC is a great start and has what most users want in terms of features. It should also be in the repos of your distro.

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I am using open client image of my company. I did tried to look for vlc repos but it not there. When I tried to installed rpm it's shows me installed but it's not installed. The installation gives warning message install with nokeys.

Telling me it's an image, is of little use. What is the image based on? Is it RedHat/Fedora, CentOS, Suse/OpenSuse? Once you find that out, the forums of your specific distro might be better suited to tell how to install and run VLC.

Further, have you considered that maybe the image your company made is not pointed toward standard repos, but their own internal repos? Maybe that's why you can't get VLC installed, as it's simply not there on your company's repos. Perhaps the IT department somehow made sure such things as VLC aren't installed for productivity reasons?

In any case, if you can't install VLC, your system has enough problems without trying to run windows software. It is also much better to run native software, unless you a very good reason not to. Trying to compensate your current problems installing VLC with windows software, isn't a good reason.

Would I be right thinking you're very new to Linux? If so, perhaps you should look for a distro more friendly to newcomers (like Ubuntu, Mint, and I do like OpenSuse if you want .rpm instead of .deb), as clearly what you're using isn't helping you much.

Yogesh Dinkar Jadhav wrote:

Hi,

I am new to crossover and installing windows based application in
linux. I installed Splayer on my Linux open client, after I select
the any file to open it immediately crash the application. Do I need
to do anything extra on my linux open client.

Thanking in advance.

Regards,
YJ

... http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=27207 ...

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU0J0TDlIc0VNU2ZXVnlDSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9