CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Automatic i686 dependancies on x86_64 rpm-based systems

Is it so tricky to make rpm automatically list missing dependencies, so user is not required to run cxdiag later to find out what is missing?

arkanoid wrote:

Is it so tricky to make rpm automatically list missing dependencies,
so user is not required to run cxdiag later to find out what is
missing?

I literally have been harping on this one for years. I even offered to edit the spec file for them to add support for RHEL, Fedora, SuSE, Mandriva.

arkanoid wrote:

Is it so tricky to make rpm automatically list missing dependencies,
so user is not required to run cxdiag later to find out what is
missing?

Actually, CrossOver does list missing dependencies when they are added to a tie file. It will tell the user if it cannot find the packages specified.

The rpm and debian based installers will resolve many dependencies upon installation so there is little need to report missing packages.

You can test this by starting an installation of something like World of Warcraft or Diablo III without proper drivers installed. If you are using CrossOver 11.2 it will even report that OpenGL is broken.

You can also test this by removing liblcms and then starting the installation for Internet Explorer 7.

We are working to integrate cxdiag into the GUI in order to more easily report what CrossOver finds (independent of an installation) but that work does not yet have an ETA for completion.

why cxdiag if you may just list "requires" in spec file and once you install it, dependancies will be satisfied automatically?

I doubt installing "unnecessary" components on the system where no Windows program actually uses it will do any harm. Disk space is cheap now.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidGs3WFF1WUdVQkZBN2dLZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9