CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Papers2

Hello All,

As a researcher working on a mac, I have extensively used Papers2 software. Having moved to Ubuntu, which I really enjoy, I have missed Papers2. I tried installing Papers2 through Crossover. It installed well, however it would not open. Is there any development towards this? Thanks.

The problem with that software is that it is .NET 4.0 based, which isn't very functionnal under wine/crossover. So getting it to work means to overcome the .NET obstacle first. I tried that just now, but I went nowhere fast.

I have read on another thread that the Codeweavers staff have made some progress with .NET 4.0, but with MS removing a bunch of librairies (.NET 1,2 and 3) from their servers, that progress might have been halted for now.

I suggest you try to open a support ticket and get the staff's answer to the possibility of getting this to run any time soon.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibUtBYTdwUEJSbXBFWkJ4WSIsImdkcHIiOjB9