CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Cameyo portable app

It is possible to run a windows portable appplication made with Cameyo? I have tried to run different apps but always Cameyo hangs unpacking my application before to run.

Any hint will be appreciated!!!

looking at error log file we can see:
err:olepicture:OleLoadPicture IPersistStream_Load failed.
executing cxdiag on ubuntu 13.04 we get:
[MissingLibCapi20]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libcapi20.so.3 library"
"Description"="Provides support for some ISDN cards. Very few applications need this."

[MissingLibGsm]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libgsm.so.1 library"
"Description"="Lets Windows applications use the GSM codec for audio compression and decompression."

[MissingLibHal]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libhal.so.1 library"
"Description"="This may be needed for Windows applications to automatically detect CD-ROM and USB key insertion."

[MissingLibMpg123]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libmpg123.so.0 library"
"Description"="Needed by some Windows applications to play MP3 files."

[MissingLibOpenal]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libopenal.so.1 library"
"Description"="Provides audio support to Windows applications."

[MissingLibTiff]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libtiff.so.4 library"
"Description"="This is needed by some applications that need to manipulate TIFF images in their user interface."

[Properties]
"display.depth"="24"

[Properties]
"opengl.vendor"="VMware, Inc."

[Properties]
"opengl.version"="2.1 Mesa 9.1.1"

[Properties]
"opengl.renderer"="Gallium 0.4 on SVGA3D; build: RELEASE; "

any one knows what can be the problem?

When you're dealing with virtualizing software, your problem is twofold.

First, you have to figure out what the virtualization software needs. In the case of Cameyo, some casual browsing leads me to believe it needs some .Net stuff, but I'm really not sure which version. There might be other support component needed.

Second, you have to figure out if there is anything the virutalized software might expect and not have. That is going to be tricky to figure out, as the software is "virtualized", and not directly accessed.

You can request a basic debug log by running a Windows command and making sure you ask for the log. In there, you might have something indicating what is missing.

Good Luck!

I'am going simplify this process removing cameyo and installing my native application setup on crossover.

Thank you very much for your help.

I have created a new bottle and have made app installation using native setup. Application still doesnt work, looking at log file the problem seems to be:
fixme:scrrun:filesys_QueryInterface Unsupported interface

Looking at google this problem appears when vb6 application are using filesystem object to get access to filesystem, do you know it is right? is this problem fixed? how can I fixe it?

please help!!!

Can I have access to that application, like a demo or something? I might test that out on my machine and see if I can get it running.

As for VB6, did you install that in your bottle? There's a VB6 runtime available in the "runtime components" in Crossover's installation assistant. If you didn't install it, you would get some error for sure, as Crossover doesn't actually do Visual Basic on its own and needs the runtime in the bottle.

Thank you for your offer to test our application, we have to prepare a demo version, when ready I'll give you a link for download it.

Any way I like to show you what's my bottle contents:
CrossOver HTML engine
Fuente TrueType: Courier New
Microsoft Visual Basic 6 Service Pack 4 runtime
Microsoft Visual Basic 6 Service Pack 6 runtime
Microsoft Visual C++ 4.0 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Redistributable
Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML) 3.0
Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML) 4.0 SP3
Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML) 6.0 SP1
msls31
MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser
Platform SDK Redistributable: GDI+
True Type font: Arial Black
Windows OLE components

and finally our application.

Executing app log file generated is:

err:service:RPC_Init RpcServerUseProtseq failed with error 1703
err:wineboot:start_services_process Unexpected termination of services.exe - exit code 1703
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:scrrun:filesys_QueryInterface Unsupported interface {7fd52380-4e07-101b-ae2d-08002b2ec713}
fixme:scrrun:filesys_QueryInterface Unsupported interface {37d84f60-42cb-11ce-8135-00aa004bb851}
fixme:scrrun:filesys_CreateFolder 0x7e4daa0c L"C:\users\crossover\Application Data\ITeC" 0x33fad0
fixme:scrrun:filesys_QueryInterface Unsupported interface {df0b3d60-548f-101b-8e65-08002b2bd119}

scrrun.dll is located at "windows\system32\"

Any idea?

scrrun.dll is part of Window's script engine. If it's a dll made for Wine/Crossover, and not a true Windows dll, there might be some function missing.

I would try installing Windows Script 5.6 (for VB) from the support components first. Second, I would try to download and install windows script to see if either would fix the problem. Otherwise, I wouldn't have any idea what else could be done.

You know, if you're trying to make sure your app run on Linux/Mac, Codeweavers does offer custom porting solutions. That might be a path worth considering depending on the size of project.

I have tried to install Windows Script 5.6 (for VB) from the support components, but no installer is provided so I have downloaded "Windows Script 5.7 pour Windows XP" from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8247
Installation was not possible because following error appears: "Unable to find a volume for file extraction. Please verify that you have proper permision". As far as I know user running under de bottle is an admin user, isnt it? Please mai you try to install this setup to reproduce this problem?

On the other hand porting service is an interesting option because app we are trying to port is very big. I have some questions about porting service:
What happens if finally it is not possible to port application to Linux/Mac.
budget for porting application is a closed amount of money?
I propose budget as short as possible, keep in mind that if porting application is successfull we will have to pay for crossover license every time we sale our application.

Thank you very much for your collaboration!!!

Just to be clear, I'm not part of the staff. I'm an advocate for the Crossover, or in other words, a member of the user community which believes the value of Crossover exceeds that of the mercantile goals of Codeweavers. For instance, I consider important that Codeweavers contributes back to Wine on a regular basis. I, like many others, have accumulated some knowledge which we share on our own volition, hence my advocate status.

So when you want to discuss porting, I would refer you to Codeweaver staff, as I have no business discussing detail which I know close to nothing about. There is the porting section on the website, which contains basic details about the process. Further, in the "about us" tab, you will find some contact info, but I believe there is also "info at codeweavers.com" which might be of use to you. I'm sure that if you contact Codeweavers, all your questions will be answered.

I'm sorry I can't help further as is, but I whish you the best of luck on your project.

Hi Jose,

Thank you for your interest in CrossOver. I am a member of the CodeWeavers staff, specifically, I work in Sales. If you are interested in porting your application, we do provide a service for that. If you would like to have some further information regarding that, feel free to contact me @ cdelzer@codeweavers.com or +1.651.523.9320. Thank you once again for your interest in CodeWeavers, Inc.

Sincerely,

Christian Delzer
cdelzer@codeweavers.com

Thank you Jean-Patrick, henceforth I will contact with Christian !!!

No problem!

Again, I which you much success with your project!

1 to 13 of 13

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUVZ2NEE4Z3JRYVVFdWE2TiIsImdkcHIiOjB9