CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 2013 and Office 365

Is Office 2013 support the same thing as Office 365 Support?

I am asking because Office 2013/365 upgrades as Office 2016/365.

Is Onedrive supported as part of Office 2013?

Thanks.

Kelley

Office 365 currently comes with the option to run Office 2013 instead of Office 2016. You have to explicitly select an installer for office 2013 in your Office 365 account - you will get 2016 by default (which does not yet work with CrossOver). You can activate your copy of Office within CrossOver using your Office 365 subscription.

OneDrive is not part of our Office support at this time, unfortunately.

Thanks!

I've downloaded the client from here:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-started-with-the-new-OneDrive-sync-client-in-Windows-615391c4-2bd3-4aae-a42a-858262e42a49

and It fails an install because i am installing in administator mode. Is it possible to run an install in 'user' mode?

Timo wrote:

and It fails an install because i am installing in administator
mode. Is it possible to run an install in 'user' mode?

On a number of distros most notably Ubuntu, CrossOver is installed through the package manager - requiring it to be installed with sudo.

This has the benefit of a simplified multiuser system. One drawback I realized could exist is your issue.

If you have installed with sudo and therefore run CrossOver from /usr/ - this could be why you face this.

I do not now if my suggestion is going to work, it is the first time I is presented with an issue like yours.

Here goes:

1. This step might not be needed but better safe than sorry - remove your current CrossOver installation.
  2. Login to your CrossOver account and go to My Downloads.
  3. Download your versions Generic Shell Installer.
  4. Open a Terminal session and cd into your Downloads folder, make the downloaded file executable and run the installer.
  5. The result is an installation in usermode so to speak since all files will be located in your home folder.

cd ~/Downloads
chmod +x install-crossover-16.2.0.bin
./install-crossover-16.2.0.bin

Then rerun your Office installation. Please let me now the result - curious as I am 😀

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV2FmYUJNUHh6aEpRZVV0eSIsImdkcHIiOjB9