CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How to Uninstall Application (NOT entire bottle)

Good day experts,

I have a crossover bottle. For testing purposes, I needed to install Internet Explorer temporarily (a quick way to verify Internet connectivity from within the bottle's applications..)

Anyway, that test is done, and I need to remove this application. However there appears to be no UI method (right click, open Control Panel uninstall apps) to remove an application!
How can it be done?

Note that we DO NOT want to remove the bottle, as there are applications there important to keep.

The PROBLEM here, is that since the installation of IE, URLs from the peer apps in the bottle now try to load in IE ;/ - rather than my local Linux browser (Firefox).

TIP: the previous version of the GUI was capable ... as per stale documentation: https://www.codeweavers.com/support/docs/crossover-linux/setup-remove

WORKAROUND: = found this:

, lets me open the baked in Add/Remove Programs from old Windows days ... and successfully removed IE that way.

--

I have submitted a support ticket to address the missing functionality in the GUI, as well as the stale documentation. Considering this post as ANSWERED as a workaround is posted, and support ticket submitted.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidmZybTRRN2JtZDhSV3ZweCIsImdkcHIiOjB9