CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Sound device not found

Wine and by extension Crossover cannot seem to see my Creative labs Audigy 2 sound card. I am running Crossover on PCLinux OS.

In the Wine config audio section all I see for the card is "system default" and no alternatives. I cannot change the default to anything else as there is no option to do so. This is stopping Skyrim from running and it is annoying me severely. A request for help at the WineHQ forum has had no reply so I am asking if there is anyone here who has any idea how I can get Wine to see my sound card. It has worked in the past and I cannot for the life of me work out why it has stopped picking up the card. Oh, I cannot get Pulseaudio to work for some reason, so I am using alsa which works well with everything else.

Thanks.

Some time ago, in order to make Rocksmith 2014 work,, I needed to edit the Windows Registry file of the bottle containing the game, and assigned "Alsa" to it. The details are on the Rocksmith 2014 page here on Crossover "what runs". Hope this may help you. Good luck!

Silvio, thanks for your reply.

" Hope this may help you. Good luck!"

Um, not really. I followed the link but could not find any information relevant. Just a walkthrough of how to install things.

What would be helpful is the registry key that needs to be added. I'll try that and see if it works

It is in the "Tips and Tricks" tab. Here is the link:

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/rocksmith-2014-pc/how-to-run-rockmith-2014-with-crossover-linux

Silvio,

That's great. Just what I needed.

Thanks again

under the package manager see if pulseaudio in installed

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ01yQlZZTm1uekw5bnl0ZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9