CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Ubuntu 18.04 Office 2010 missing title bar

Environment: Ubuntu 18.04 (gnome)
Kernel: 4.15
Monitors: 3

Office 2010 apps missing title bar, hence no buttons for min/max/close window.
Apps works well only on Main display with Gnome top bar and office app has its own title bar with all necessary keys.
However on two secondary displays - there are no gnome top bars (gnome do it by default and there are no solution to extend top bar from main display) , hence office app title bar is missing.

Using virtual desktop option in wine cfg solves issue partly, since i can open only single application in this mode, e.g. i can't open 3 word/excel apps on multiple displays.

Is there any way to specify resolution for specific app ? Some flags maybe ? I'm sure this is a core of a problem.

Ok i solved the issue by enabling top panel on second and third monitors with help of this addon :
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/921/multi-monitors-add-on/

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidlZiN1pUdVRrVmhnU3NRVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9