CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Install of 17.0.5 Fails on PCLinuxOS

I'm trying to install 17.5.0 (eval) on an up to date PCLinuxOS machine. The rpm install fails with a dependency error for libXcursor.so.1, and I don't know that this is really critical so I tried the generic/other download. When running sh install-crossover-17.5.0.bin it gets to the part where it's trying to install wine_gecko-2.47-x86.msi but then fails on this package.
wine_gecko-2.47-x86.msi gets to anywhere between 12% and 40%, but fails on that package every time.

Any ideas ?
Thanks.

I'm on Gentoo, I seem to be having an installation failure due to the wine-gecko package as well. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

The Bin file fails on Arch as well. I'll open a ticket.

A check of the md5sum has failed. The bin file is corrupted at some point.

The problem was corrected for the bin file. It should now install correctly.

Unfortunately, for PCLinuxOS, there might be a problem as I was informed that it doesn't have 32bit libraries available anymore. If anyone have more questions about that, you might want to contact Codeweavers directly.

Thanks for the assistance. I did install via the rpm (had to force it since one dependency wasn't found) but once installed everything worked other than sound including 32 bit programs. Sound is a 32 bit lib issue, but PCLinuxOS does have a multi-lib environment, and has most or at least some 32 bit libs.
I removed the rpm and will give the .bin install a shot.
Thanks again

Sure thing, have fun!

same thing occurs if you use one of the Debian Systems:

• ensure that 32bit support is enabled.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieUNnOHo2V3hHenBMcmEzUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9