CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Changes in registry and posibilities of using it as full replecement in music production for window

hi let me just say that this is extremly impresive piece of software, it was already installed on deepin linux and more and more it becomes my favorite distro over arch linux and manjaro, it works so far much better than playonlinux or wine, i got two questions

1. how can i modify registry record in already installed app
  2. i use linux every day only reason i need windows is for music software with in linux well is like racing lamborhinis with hommade gocart ;)
    can you share your expiriences using software like ms viso and full office packet, adobe master collection and music software, i know fl studio works flawlessly but have you run in to trouble running some popular vst's ? i need to know this becouse getting rid of windows 10 and insted running deepin with crossover seams like such a eeasy and pleasent expirience but i need to know how the dark side looks like before i made that comitment, anyway, great job !

also, how come its free on deepin and website sells it ? do i have like only limited trial usage befeore it stops working ?

ok question 3

can i use MacOS apps with it ? im to lazy for hackingtosh, way too much work

To edit the registry, open Crossover, choose the Bottle you installed your software into, select "Bottle" menu, then "execute command". After that, type "regedit" in the box and execute it.

No experience with music software...

But, you probably have the trial installed. For question 3, no MacOS software will not run via Crossover on Linux.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid21LVDV6dm5xZ3RmblllVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9