CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 18 - slow initial launch

Hi All,

I was testing the Crossover 18 and was so happy with it that I purchased a license. Using Mint Mate 19.

The only issue I have that Crossover takes long time for initial launch. After the initial launch (either Crossover or any Crossover program) it is working much faster - Office files open almost instantly, the Crossover launches quicker, Crossover apps open quicker, etc.

It looks like it executes a process on initial startup and once the process is running everything else working much quicker. I however didn't find the process in task manager.

My question is: is it possible to create a kind of startup item for Crossover process so that it will execute its processes on system boot and therefore initial launch will be quicker? I don't want to open Crossover on system startup, just execute the process itself so that the Crossover will work faster.

Thanks a lot!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYnpReHZMdlJLd1BTaHdLYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9