CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

want world of warcraft on linux mint 19

Hi all:

I want to run World of Warcraft on Linux mint 19 using crossover Linux 18. when I install it doesn't run right. Thank you for all help in advance.

sincerely,

James Behr

Any luck with this? I installed it tonight and get a black screen with sound, but black screen and cant see anything.

Thanks!
Joe

sometimes, it does pay to be a bit backward, on these issues:

• try both an earlier version of Crossover & an earlier version of LinuxMint, as well.

as I've had some success, with both an earlier version of Cx on an later version of LM,
& and earlier version of LM on an later version of Cx. ... strange, but this often does work.

when you do have the later version of both - then things often do break.
& things can even break, when you use a later windows version in your ./wine bottle.

Hey Joe. Sorry for the delay on this. Did you get past the black screen?
I was experiencing same issue with WoW and Diablo3. In other words anything needing DirectX.
I found this article in support section to be extremely helpful.
https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/linuxtutorial/dxvk

If you have Nvidia, there are latest Ubuntu-based drivers here, which work fine for me.
https://websiteforstudents.com/install-proprietary-nvidia-gpu-drivers-on-ubuntu-16-04-17-10-18-04/

Just install the PPA, and to get the latest version installed, run "sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall"
This wi9ll install the latest recommended driver for your card.
To see which drivers are available for your card, run "ubuntu-drivers devices"

Get the drivers, follow the rest of the Crossover help link above, hopefully this resolves your issue.

Hi

I was having this exact same issue and I did this two things:

• In battle.net client general options disable "Use browser hardware acceleration when available"
  • In battle.net client general options set the battle.net client to "Exit battle.net completely" in the "when I launch a game" field

After those two changes I can play and the black screen issue never occurred
I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but worth a try

Using the bottle created during install, installed DXVK afterward (Ryzen + RX580 on arch linux)

Thank you! This fixed the blank screen issue for me:

• In battle.net client general options disable "Use browser hardware acceleration when available"
  • In battle.net client general options set the battle.net client to "Exit battle.net completely" in the "when I launch a game" field

Ryzen 1700X + RX570

For me, I had to disable the streaming option on Battle.net to remove the black screen!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTENyVjZIV2ZLenZ0NkhoOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9