CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Use the applications installed with WineHQ

I have some applications already installed in Wine and I wanted to pass them, without reinstalling because the license is enabled, on Crossover.
I want install into Ubuntu 19.04 or Ubuntu Mate 19.04.
Is it possible to do this?
Thank you.

Couldn't you use the "Run Command..." option from within main Crossover screen to browse to and then launch one of your already installed apps ? You'd even be able to create a launcher for in from the same screen.

I can tell you how to remove the program from windows and manually install it on wine so you should be able to remove it manually from wine and install it on crossover the same way but I think it would be a lot faster and safer to install it on crossover and not try to move it.

you can by adding a new bottle then using the run command an then browse and find where the program is.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidUFzaFVra0xRMlBCWnRiNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9